- All Letter Templates
- Cover Letters
- Writing Guides
- Letter Writing Infographics
Customer Service Letter Sample – How to write a customer service letter.
A customer service letter is a letter sent by a company to its customer regarding matters that concern the company’s provided goods and services. If you are a business owner, it is inevitable that you’re going to have to write letters to your customers regarding your business. A customer service letter’s contents could vary from new events that your business is doing, sales, specials, or it could be a response to a customer’s inquiry or complaint. It is essential in business to build up or keep the good relationship between the company and its customers.
Writing letters, reports, notes, among other things, are important skills for business and personal life. Effective letters will yield nothing but good results. Most often than not, people assess others by the quality of their writing, hence it’s essential to write well. Here are some simple tips in writing a customer service letter to get you started:
• You should personalize your letter, starting it with a greeting with the customer’s name or if you don’t know it, you could opt for “Sir” or “Ms.”. You should make your customers feel valued and personalizing your customer service letters help maintain your good relationship.
• If there is bad news regarding the customer’s good and services, be direct and honest about it. Sugarcoating bad news will only make a bad impression and could increase the chances of your customer losing their trust to your business.
• In writing customer service letters, you should check for typographical, grammatical and factual errors. Be sure to include ways to contact you regarding any concerns they might have.
• Don’t forget to express your letter in a polite and courteous tone. Customers appreciate a well-written letter. End the letter expressing gratitude or remorse, if the letter was responding to a complaint.
Having a good business letter format or letter template as a guide can be very helpful. Download a free customer service letter sample, then customize that will suit your needs. It is a great way to get you started in the right direction.