- All Letter Templates
- Cover Letters
- Writing Guides
- Letter Writing Infographics
Directive Letter Sample – How to Write a Directive Letter. A directive letter is a document that contains an official and formal executive order or a statement regarding a policy or procedure that would need an action or activity. The typical directive letter contains instructions and orders from higher authorities to lower ones to execute or disseminate the different tasks and jobs and it’s written in the form of an advice. A letter of directive is very essential in the field of business as it usually serves to save you from the trouble of handing out directives personally. Making sure that your letter of directive is written effectively will reduce the chances of any type of any misunderstanding.
Writing letters, reports, notes, among other things, are important skills for business and personal life. Good letters will yield nothing but good results. Most often than not, people assess others by the quality of their writing, hence it’s essential to write well. Here are some simple tips for writing directive letters to get you started:
• In writing your directive letter, you should be clear and firm in delivering your instructions. It’s best to give as much detail that you can in order to prevent misunderstandings.
• State in the letter on what are your expectations of the reader regarding of how he should go about accomplishing the task that you’ve given him. It’s also vital to include the time in which he’s given or the deadline of the task.
• If there is, you should also mention the benefits or reward once the reader will finish the task. You should also not forget to express gratitude to the reader and the confidence that he will achieve the task flawlessly.
• You should also not hold back in giving advices or additional help. It’s helpful to include in your letter names of individuals that the reader could go to in case he has inquiries regarding the job.
Having a good business letter format or letter template as a guide can be very helpful. Download a free directive letter sample, then edit to suit your needs. It’s a great way to get you started in the right direction.