- All Letter Templates
- Cover Letters
- Writing Guides
- Letter Writing Infographics
Approval Letter Sample – How to write an approval letter.
An approval letter is a letter that grants permission or it could be to seek approval. For example, you would want your boss’s approval regarding the budget for the new launch of your product. It could also be written to grant permission to an employee who is requesting for a leave of absence. An approval letter is essential as it serves many purposes in the field of business. It is important to know how to write an effective and professional approval letter because it is one of those letters that you write regularly to employees, customers and business partners.
Writing letters, reports, notes, among other things, are important skills for business and personal life. Effective letters will yield nothing but good results. Most often than not, people assess others by the quality of their writing, hence it’s essential to write well. Here are some simple tips in writing an approval letter to get you started:
• In writing your approval letter keep it formal, but yet in a warm tone.
• Start your letter by stating that you have given approval to whatever the recipient was asking permission for. Remember to include the reasons why you have granted the approval.
• If the approval is time dependent, for example, an employee is asking for a leave then it is advised to clearly state the start and end of the time of the approval.
• In order to get rid of misunderstandings, re-read and check your letter for typographical and grammatical errors.
Having a good letter format or letter template as a guide can be very helpful. Download a free approval letter sample, then customize that will suit your needs. It is a great way to get you started in the right direction.