- All Letter Templates
- Cover Letters
- Writing Guides
- Letter Writing Infographics
Permission Letter Sample – How to write a permission letter.
A permission letter is a letter that requests consent for a certain action. They are usually used for various reasons; it could be something as informal as requesting permission from the parents to sleep over at a friend’s house or it could be requesting approval to hold a meeting. Requiring permission is not necessarily written all the time, it could be done in a verbal manner. This is another reason why it is essential in writing permission letters; it becomes an official record.
Being able to write effective letters, reports, notes, among other things, is an invaluable skill for both your business and personal life. Effective letters will give nothing but good results. Consequently, the caliber of your writing is one of the ways most people assess you so it is essential to write well. Here are some simple tips in writing a permission letter to get you started:
• If you are writing the letter to gain permission, it is important to keep in mind that you must keep your tone professional and polite so as not to discourage your recipient.
• Make your letter brief and straight to the point. Remember that you shouldn’t write a lengthy letter by beating around the bush.
• In outlining your request, make sure to include all of the details that are relevant to your request and be specific as possible like with the dates, among other things.
• You should not be ambiguous in stating whether you’ve given permission or not and always leave a means to contact you if ever your recipient will have concerns.
Another way to write an effective letter is to have a superior letter format or a letter template as a guide. Download a free permission letter sample, then customize it to suit your needs. It is a great way to get you started in the right direction.