- All Letter Templates
- Cover Letters
- Writing Guides
- Letter Writing Infographics
Promotion Letter Sample – How to write a promotion letter.
A promotion letter, as its name suggests, is a letter sent to an employee within a company when they are promoted to a position with higher responsibilities. Ultimately, this is what most employees strive to gain. Promotion letters are sent prior to the promotion announcement itself so that it would not surprise the person in question. It is always important that the employee must be informed beforehand. A purpose letter could also be written by an employee who thinks they have done enough to warrant a promotion. This is most suitable when the company’s status is stable.
Being able to write effective letters, reports, notes, among other things, is an invaluable skill for both your business and personal life. Effective letters will give nothing but good results. Consequently, the caliber of your writing is one of the ways most people assess you so it is essential to write well. Here are some simple tips in writing a promotion letter to get you started:
• A promotion letter is meant to encourage an employee so it is best to keep in mind to use words that are bound to motivate your recipient.
• The contents of the letter should include all relevant information regarding the promotion; from job description to the increase of salary that the employee is going to have.
• It is preferable to print your promotion letter and have it in the company’s official letter head. Make sure to keep it simple and straightforward.
• Check for typos, grammatical and factual errors before you send it.
Another way to write an effective letter is to have a superior letter format or a letter template as a guide. Download a free promotion letter sample, then customize it to suit your needs. It is a great way to get you started in the right direction.