- All Letter Templates
- Cover Letters
- Writing Guides
- Letter Writing Infographics
Letter of Recommendation Sample- How to write a letter of recommendation.
A recommendation letter, which is also known as reference letter, is a letter in which someone gauges the recommended person’s capabilities. In the field of business communications, this letter is generally written by the previous employer or co-worker of the requester. There are times when a job seeker is required to present a letter of recommendation and having an effective one may work as leverage to get the job. Contrary to what may people think, recommendation letters are taken very seriously and writing an effective one could close the gap of being employed or not.
Being able to write effective letters, reports, notes, among other things, is an invaluable skill for both your business and personal life. Effective letters will give nothing but good results. Consequently, the caliber of your writing is one of the ways most people assess you so it is essential to write well. Here are some simple tips in writing a recommendation letter to get you started:
• Begin your recommendation letter by providing a brief explanation of how you know the person you’re referring. You could include your current job title and state the nature of the relationship you have with the person in question.
• Proceed to enlist the relevant skills and achievements that the recommended person has that may be useful to the job they’re applying for. To sweeten it, you could give situations where the recommended person has done an exemplary job.
• Keep in mind that this letter is meant to pique the potential employer’s interest regarding the job seeker so it’s best that you express it appropriately.
• Make sure to include your contact information if ever the company will contact you for further details regarding the recommended person and check for typos and grammatical errors.
Another way to write an effective letter is to have a superior letter format or a letter template as a guide. Download a free recommendation letter sample, then customize it to suit your needs. It is a great way to get you started in the right direction.