- All Letter Templates
- Cover Letters
- Writing Guides
- Letter Writing Infographics
Letter of Inquiry – How to write a letter of inquiry.
An inquiry letter which is also called prospecting letter is a letter that is written to a third party requesting information or affirmation of its authenticity. It’s one of the most essential letters in the field of business communication, as it deals with various matters such as job vacancies, sales, projects, funding, etc. An inquiry letter is important because it serves the purpose of facilitating business transactions between the seller and the buyer. It is also important when you want to build relations with a company you want to apply for, sending an inquiry letter, although unsolicited, will show that you are driven in getting the job.
Writing letters, reports, notes, among other things, are important skills for business and personal life. Effective letters will yield nothing but good results. Most often than not, people assess others by the quality of their writing, hence it’s essential to write well. Here are some simple tips in writing an inquiry letter to get you started:
• Before writing your inquiry letter, it is best you are knowledgeable enough as to who you’ll specifically address your letter to. Know the name and the title of the person you are contacting. This is so you can establish a proper and formal impression.
• Your inquiry letter should be brief and concise, containing only necessary information and not exceeding three pages. All throughout your letter, there should be a tone of politeness and professionalism in order to make a good impression.
• There are a few elements that should be in your letter of inquiry like the introduction, the description of your organization, your inquiry, summary, etc. It is best that you should effectively present yourself in these elements.
• Don’t forget to express gratitude and sincerity towards your recipient at the end of the letter.
Having a good business letter format or letter template as a guide can be very helpful. Download a free inquiry letter sample, then edit to suit your needs. It’s a great way to get you started in the right direction.