- Rental and Lease Forms
- All Letter Templates
- Cover Letters
- Writing Guides
- Letter Writing Infographics
Contract of Employment Letter Sample – How to Write a Contract of Employment Letter. A contract of employment, also called as ‘contract of service’, is an agreement made between an employer and employee. It then becomes the basis of the employment relationship. Since it is an agreement between the employer and employee, it does not need to be formally written down and can only be a verbal agreement. Once made, they must stick to the contract until it ends or there are changes made to the agreement. An employment contract draws a distinctive line between the employed and the self-employed. Those who are employed acquires rights like the right to minimum wage, sick leave, written statement of the contract, etc.
Writing letters, reports, notes, among other things, are important skills for business and personal life. Good letters will yield nothing but good results. Most often than not, people assess others by the quality of their writing, hence it’s essential to write well. Here are some simple tips for writing employment contract to get you started:
• Before you start in writing your employment contract, consider everything that it will contain first. One of the many things you should think about are your employee’s job description, your company’s copyrighted materials and the terms of the employment.
• Begin the contract simply by putting the name of your company and the name of the employee. Then proceed to explain the benefits and consideration in which the employer and employee will offer something in exchange for something else.
• State the length of the contract and then write down the duties of the job the employee has been accepted. After that, you could include the benefits the employee will be experiencing and other things.
• After writing down your employment contract, consult a lawyer to look over it and give some time to talk with your employee regarding the terms you have laid out in case of concerns.
Having a good business letter format or letter template as a guide can be very helpful. Download a free employment contract sample, then edit to suit your needs. It’s a great way to get you started in the right direction.