- All Letter Templates
- Cover Letters
- Writing Guides
- Letter Writing Infographics
Request Letter Sample – How to write a request letter.
A request letter is a letter that is asking for something which could be a favor, permission, information or service. They are also used by job seekers when they want to request an interview with the employer.
Generally, a form of request is found in other types of letters, like an approval letter which is requesting for the go-ahead or an excuse letter which appeals to be exempted. For that reason, it is essential to know how to write an effective request letter because it can be applied to various purposes.
Being able to write effective letters, reports, notes, among other things, is an invaluable skill for both your business and personal life. Effective letters will give nothing but good results. Consequently, the caliber of your writing is one of the ways most people assess you so it is essential to write well. Here are some simple tips in writing a request letter to get you started:
• In writing your request letter, you should know the specific person that you’re going to request from. That also includes basic information like job title, full name and address.
• You should leave ample amount of time for the recipient to respond to your request. If you don’t, it has a tendency to discourage them from fulfilling it.
• Refrain from exhibiting a demanding tone when stating your request, keep your tone polite and courteous.
• You could state the reason as to why you’re making the request to emphasize its importance and make sure to offer your help in case the recipient does need it.
Another way to write an effective letter is to have a superior letter format or a letter template as a guide. Download a free request letter sample, then customize it to suit your needs. It is a great way to get you started in the right direction.