- All Letter Templates
- Cover Letters
- Writing Guides
- Letter Writing Infographics
Fundraising Letter Sample – How to write a fundraising letter.
A fundraising letter, as what its name implies, is a letter that aims to encourage individuals to invest in your charity or cause. People that work for charity confess that making fundraising letters is quite difficult. In writing these letters, you will need to convince people that supporting the charity you work for will make a difference. Despite the rise in popularity in fundraising tactics through social media connections, writing a personal appeal to potential donors can still do wonders in helping you raise money.
Writing letters, reports, notes, among other things, are important skills for business and personal life. Effective letters will yield nothing but good results. Most often than not, people assess others by the quality of their writing, hence it’s essential to write well. Here are some simple tips in writing a fundraising letter to get you started:
• In writing your fundraising letter, it is important to keep in mind that you are addressing your letter to different people. In connection to that, you should use easy-to-understand language and refrain from using technical terms unless necessary.
• Address the letter to your readers as if you were speaking to them personally and as you convey your intentions, grab their attention, pique their interest and make them eager to support your cause. Make it a habit to use ‘you’ often to refer to them.
• But as you write your letter, make sure to remember not to ramble too much and be specific and direct with what you want the reader to know about your charity.
• Don’t forget to mention of what past donations have done to help your charity and how their continued support will contribute significantly to your cause.
Having a good business letter format or letter template as a guide can be very helpful. Download a free fundraising letter sample, then edit to suit your needs. It’s a great way to get you started in the right direction.