- All Letter Templates
- Cover Letters
- Writing Guides
- Letter Writing Infographics
Thank You Letter Sample – How to write a thank you letter.
A thank you letter is a letter that expresses and conveys gratitude towards the recipient for something that they have done. In the field of business communication, these letters are usually used after business interactions such as a job seeker thanking the employer for taking their time in doing an interview with them. A thank you letter can also be used for thanking subordinates for a job well done on an assignment or to a customer that has bought your goods and services.
Being able to write effective letters, reports, notes, among other things, is an invaluable skill for both your business and personal life. Effective letters will give nothing but good results. Consequently, the caliber of your writing is one of the ways most people assess you so it is essential to write well. Here are some simple tips in writing a thank you letter to get you started:
• It is always best to address your thank you letter to a specific person, make sure to know their basic information such as their address, job title and full name.
• The letter should include how their assistance or gift has helped you and express gratitude towards the trouble and effort they have gone through in doing so.
• In your thank you letter, it is advised that you inquire about your recipient as it shows that you care.
• If it is a thank you letter to a potential employer, make sure to keep your tone polite and professional. Furthermore, always check for typos and grammatical errors.
Another way to write an effective letter is to have a superior letter format or a letter template as a guide. Download a free thank you letter sample, then customize it to suit your needs. It is a great way to get you started in the right direction.